What do the Friends do?
Since its founding in 1956, the mission of the Friends of the West Islip Library has been to support the growth and development of our community library. The Friends promote library use and provide financial assistance for programs and services in addition to those covered by the library’s operating budget.
A Partial List of Services & Programs Sponsored by the Friends:
- Distribute “Baby Welcome Kits” (book, bib and a toy)
- Purchase passes to local museums available for patron use (Museum List)
- Sponsor concerts throughout the year
- Schedule Spring & Fall Shredding Days
- Provide gifts for Seniors during May for “Senior Month”
- Underwrite the cost of Reading Club prizes
- Assist the Library with the cost of large format printer supplies and Public Relations advertising
- Provide BookPage Magazine to patrons
How do I join?
To join the Friends, please inquire at the Circulation Desk or print out this membership application and send it to:
Friends of the West Islip Public Library
3 Higbie Lane
West Islip, NY 11795
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS
BOOK SALE DATES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
For questions or to volunteer please contact us at FriendsWestIslipLibrary@gmail.com